The resources listed here present learning opportunities for students and staff.
For students and educators these partnerships:
- Provide an answer to the question, "Why do I have to learn this?"
- Demonstrate the importance of academics in reaching post-high school training, college and career goals.
- Help motivate students to learn by demonstrating the tangible applications of classroom lessons and bringing their curriculum to life;
- Give students an opportunity to experience a variety of workplace environments.
School Business Partnerships
School-Business Partnerships can be formed between a business and a class, grade, teacher or entire school. Projects are created based on the interests and goals of the business and the school, and offer valuable worksite connections to a curriculum. Some examples are:
- A company works with a school to help connect the science curriculum to the technical application in their research and design department;
- A publisher works with a class to develop a newsletter;
- A scientist uses her professional contacts to assists a teacher in arranging speakers for a science class;
- A retail business owner helps a class understand the working of the business and may help to set up a business in the school.
Teachers who are interested in identifying businesses to be resources for their classes should contact:
Genevieve Hammond, School Business Liaison,
Senior Career Activities Coordinator
ABRHS Counseling Department
(978) 264-4700 x3498
ABRHS Senior Internship Program Website